Further reading and resources on the topics of waste and reducing it.
Manufacturing & Recycling
- The Truth About Recycling (The Economist, June 2007)
- Cradle to Cradle: Remaking the Way We Make Things (Michael Braungart and William McDonough, 2009)
Zero Waste Living
- The Zero Waste Chef: “No packaging. Nothing processed. No waste.” Amazingly creative blog for a zero waste kitchen and household, going where few have gone before!
- Zerowasteguy.com: Instead of how-to content, Jonathan Levy shares his real-world observations of ways in which businesses, organizations and individuals can have large impacts with small changes.
- Aunt Lucy’s Tips for Helping the Earth: The addendum to the book Balance Point by Joseph Jenkins (now out of print), discusses a wide range of USA-oriented solutions, with a long list of useful contacts. Can also be downlodaded as a pdf.
- The Zero Waste Solution: Untrashing the Planet One Community at a Time (Paul Connett, 2013)
- Zero Waste Home: The Ultimate Guide to Simplifying Your Life (Bea Johnson, 2013)
- Bepakt: A live index of packaging-free shops in Europe.