Groups of people who are taking action to protect Life and need our support and/our donations.
- World Animal Protection “has been protecting animals around the world for over 50 years. We passionately believe that animal welfare matters, and that good animal welfare is fundamental to community wellbeing and to the Earth. We believe animal cruelty must end, whether that animal is in the wild, living in the community, caught up in a disaster, or being farmed. We work in over 50 countries, collaborating with local communities, NGOs and governments to passionately, responsibly and sustainably change animals’ lives for the better. We also act for animals at a global level, using our United Nations consultative status to give them a voice and put animal welfare on the global agenda so we can show that what’s good for animals is good for the world. We were known as WSPA (World Society for the Protection of Animals).”
- Durrell: Saving Species from Extinction
- The David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust, “dedicated to the protection and preservation of Africa’s Wilderness and its denizens, particularly endangered species such as Elephants and Black Rhino.”
- Animal Equality “is an international farmed animal advocacy organisation that is dedicated to defending all animals through public education, campaigns and investigations. We work to create a more just and compassionate world for animals. We believe that every animal should have a voice, deserving a life free of pain and suffering. We seek to achieve a behavioural and lasting change in society in order to prevent cruelty and protect animals.”
- Survival International is a global movement for Indigenous peoples’ rights. “We exist to prevent the annihilation of tribal peoples and to give them a platform to speak to the world so they can bear witness to the genocidal violence, slavery and racism they face on a daily basis. By lobbying the powerful we help defend the lives, lands and futures of people who should have the same rights as other contemporary societies.”
- Official Support for Standing Rock Sioux Tribe against DAPL. “The Standing Rock Sioux Tribe (SRST) has taken a strong stand against the Dakota Access Pipeline (DAPL), a 1,134 mile long oil pipeline starting from the Bakken Oil Fields in North Dakota and ending up in refineries in Patoka, Illinois. It is proposed to transport over 570,000 barrels per day. To date, more than 300 tribes and first nations officially stand with Standing Rock by way of tribal resolutions, letters of support, or tribal delegations joining the camp…. Please consider supporting us as we support the #NoDAPL water protectors who have come from so far away. We need your help however you can give it.”
- Other indigenous and environmental struggles against pipelines.
- Friends of the Earth: The Bee Cause. The best-rounded resource I found for saving the bees in the UK. Follow the link to find a list of ways you can act, including ready-to-send letters to your MP and Aldi for banning pesticides, a donation to get a Bee Saver Kit including wildflower seeds and other useful resources
- The Environmental Justice Foundation: “We investigate, expose, campaign to protect the environment and human rights”. Donate £5 (once or monthly) to persuade farmers to support bee-friendly habitats, or support another current cause.
- The Navdanya Biodiversity Conservation Farm, founded by Dr. Vandana Shiva: A seed bank in the Himalayas that is also a farm and “a sanctuary of biodiversity where we are saving more than 1500 varieties of seeds, which attracts life of all forms such as bees, birds, insects and microorganisms.”
Use the form below to suggest more groups for this list. Please only send organisations you know well and can recommend personally in terms of integrity and work on the ground.